Birth Wisdom Prenatal Teacher Training
What you will learn:
• The anatomy and physiology of pregnancy you need while working therapeutically with pregnant clients.
• How to support women through the many changes they undergo physically and mentally while pregnant, and the Birth Wisdom Yoga Remedies that ease common pregnancy ailments.
• The anatomy of the pelvic floor and how to strengthen the pelvic floor with yoga poses, for pregnancy and the postpartum healing period.
Upon completion of this course you will have an understanding of a variety of therapeutic yoga remedies for pregnancy and childbirth:
• Asanas to build stability, endurance and strength for the "marathon of labor and child birth."
• Birth Wisdom Yoga poses for optimal positioning of baby, while also creating space in the pelvis for mom and baby during labor.
• Birth Wisdom Prenatal Yoga Flows for teaching multi-level prenatal classes.
• How to develop your own postnatal community of women and design postnatal classes.
• Understanding how to hold space for women in prenatal yoga classes while guiding them to "own their birth experiences.”
• Meditations and visualizations to use in prenatal yoga classes, labor and childbirth.
• Guiding women to find a rhythm with their breath and movement in yoga poses, which many women report becomes "their lifeline" in labor.
• How to use the Eight Birth Wisdom's from Julia's book, Birth Wisdom Yoga Remedies and Journal to create sacred space in the yoga and birthing room.
• All graduates will receive a Birth Wisdom Yoga Prenatal Teacher Certification Certificate.
• Upon completion you will be able to register 30 -Continuing Education Units in Pregnancy Yoga & Birthing Yoga (CEUs) with Yoga Alliance(YA) with completed 200-hour yoga teacher training, registered with YA.
• Can be used as an elective for 300-hour yoga teacher trainings.
• All graduates will receive ongoing support and community in the Birth Wisdom Yoga Teacher's Facebook group and Women Serving Women luncheons.
*Certification open to yoga teachers who have completed a 200-hour teacher training or are in process of completing a yoga teacher training. Birth and health professionals serving women, who would like a deeper understanding of prenatal yoga for labor and childbirth welcome. An understanding of basic yoga poses required.
Required Texts (included with pricing):
• Birth Wisdom Yoga Remedies and Journal by Julia Piazza
• Keeping Pregnant Women Safe in Yoga Classes by Julia Piazza
• Birth Wisdom Yoga Birth Partner Training Manual by Julia Piazza
• Preparing for a Gentle Birth, The Pelvis in Pregnancy by Blandine Calais-Germaine and Nuria Vives Pares
• Pelvic Liberation by Leslie Howard
• Ina May's Guide To ChildBirth by Ina May Gaskin
• The Female Pelvis, Anatomy & Exercises by Blandine Calais-Germain
Dates: Feb. 2019- 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th.
Days and Time:
Investment: $775.00 before Jan. 1st. $875.00 after Jan. 1st
For more information or any questions regarding the Teacher Training, please reach out to Julia Piazza: